Sunday, July 6, 2008

Studio in a Drawer

Space is the problem. Children present challenges. And the day just flies by! You see, my creative spaces are in the lower levels of our house, and for most of the day, the kiddos and I are upstairs. Eating, cooking, cleaning, playing. Therefore, no crafty stuff happens till dark; till I'm nearly asleep on my feet. The solution....studio in a drawer: Now I can work a little bit on the book from her class. I can make a few tags or a birthday card. I keep the basic tools in here, and a couple ziplock bags with scraps. I have a paint deck and some vintage coasters and roladex cards. My favorite pens and some adhesive. It's keeping me sane.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

yes...by all means...find a way to get creative during the day, in the midst of the chaos & kids

hmm...you know chaos just may be an amazing artistic catalyst...well...at least that's what i tell myself when tater gets into my paints :)

xoxo

g