Friday, July 18, 2008

Rocket Ships & Speed Trains {heat transfer}

The first half of July was full of birthdays around here. I am now addicted to heat transfer for a environmentally friendlier gifting & favoring at said parties. Here's the scoop: I made the images from paper collage, scanned them in, added some text digitally, printed on inkjet tranfer paper, then ironed on the bag and t-shirts. It came out beautifully on the organic cotton tote bag because of the denser weave. The t-shirts aren't too bad either, but jersey isn't the most compatible surface...(note to self: next time, screen print! and find source for organic cotton children's t's) But what was so fun was the trajectory of the collage, and how different it looks on fabric. I have BIG ideas for a wedding favor line...
Speaking of weddings, I've been creating the rehearsal dinner invite set for a good friend. And while I'm still learning the process of designing for a client, I'm thrilled with the results.
And lastly, a complete non-sequitur: This morning, while soothing a toddler, James Blunt sang to us from Sesame Street. The tune "You're Beautiful" was altered to "My Triangle." Charmed. Made my morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

could it be that cort has gotten a blog and your designing invites. those are gorgeous and those lil' party favors are AWESOME!!!! glad you have a blog that i can peek at.

~ti

Gigi said...

ooh heat transferring...

note to self: get some transfer paper post haste :)

thanks for the inspo as always cort!!!

Linda said...

The little dude and I were watching James Blunt too! Love that episode! Love your blog and your work Courtney! Sorry I've been missing your stuff on SIS lately!