Sunday, November 14, 2010

thankful grateful blessed joyful glad

I had a tin of old plain milk caps that my mother-in-law gave me a while back, and thought I'd challenge myself to use up as many of them as I could...Thanksgiving garland! I covered the caps with 5 different patterned papers, punched them, and joined them with jump rings. Then added thankful grateful blessed joyful glad along the length of it, accompanied by some gems and butterflies. I think this is going to become a holiday-by-holiday project! I've already started the Christmas and New Years garlands...
supplies: cardstock> Neenah. patterned paper> Cosmo Cricket, BasicGrey, My Mind's Eye, DCWV, Scarlet Lime. punches> Marvy. font> Typerwriter Serial Xlight. adhesive>Xyron. other stuff> ~65 vintage milk bottle caps. jump rings>Making Memories, Blue Moon. gems> My Mind's Eye. butterflies> Jenni Bowlin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This garland is beautiful! Impressed as always!

Lauren said...

Thankyou very much for visiting my blog! Its lovely to read comments from someone new :) I love your thanksgiving garland- its beautiful! :)

Lauren said...

Whoops...also forgot to say that the punch on my layout is a Martha Stewart Birds on a wire edge punch :)
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/martha-stewart/91720-birds-on-a-wire-edge-punch/