Monday, June 7, 2010

Apple Jacket and *the Quilt* part 1

First, the Apple Jacket: is this not the most whimsical use for a half-ball of left-over cashmere?! You can find the pattern here, or go through Ravelry.com. It only took me (me, the s-l-o-w-e-s-t of knitters!) a couple hours. And that's because I completely free-handed the leaf. It's kind of early in the year for apples, but perfect for protecting them in backpacks and handbags. Next, I'm starting a quilt. It's my new family job at the 4 yr old's nursery school, and I'm so happy to have a creative job after 3 years of more email-oriented ones. I'm making sketches, and have a game plan. I've chosen a color scheme, but alas, must go fabric shopping. The quilt will be raffled off at our Spring Auction in March 2011. I think I'll be very sad to see it go, but it's all part of the process. I've got about 7 months to sew and quilt something that represents our community, therefore I'm using a house-theme, surrounded by natural elements. It'll be bright and quirky. Come back soon for more!

No comments: