Friday, February 6, 2009

scissor-hands

Well, there's no good excuse for not posting except it's all production around here. I feel like Edward Scissorhands lately since I've undertaken 60 little silhouette portraits for our nursery school auction. My good friend Dana tells me that I need to keep track of process, and her comment made me look at the whole silhouette avalanche with clear-er vision. It started with patterned paper on patterned paper with stitching, and a variety of frames. Then I made a silhouette portrait for my fun wedding clients, and used classic black. Oh wow. Much better. So I ditched about a dozen portraits and re-made in black. Now I'm a crazy lady running all over the city rescuing 5X7 frames from Goodwill etc. Good to be back in blogland.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back and posting...:)
Let's chat soon!!

metrochic said...

DUDE. those are SO good. i was just thinking about you the other day. good to see a post from you! xoxo.

Anonymous said...

oooohhhhhh!!!
i LOVE these!
xo

Stephanie said...

These are too cute! I am planning on making one for hubby and I to hang in the living room.

How are you??? Any chance you're coming to TN for SIScon this year??

Sara Berry said...

I love, love, love, these. I have done a few classic black on white for myself and friends but the patterned papers and the little name plates are freaking perfection. I may have to try that next time I make one.
You are such a talented lady!